MOU with Chartered Institute of Management Accountants United Kingdom
CIMA and SLICM entered into a collaborative agreement with the aim of broadening the footprint of both bodies across different industries while using their synergism to create unprecedented value for their members.
This agreement establishes mutual recognition of members of the two professional bodies and will establish professional pathways into enrolling and completing the professional qualifications.
Both bodies will also work together on strategic initiatives to support the career development of their members.
SLICM Members who seek CIMA Membership
SLICM Members shall be fast-tracked into the CIMA Professional Qualification, as follows:
- Any student who has completed Advanced diploma or Advanced Professional diploma in Credit Management will be eligible for level 1 exemptions of CIMA.
- Members with 10 years experience in a relevant finance role will enter the level 6 CFO gateway, beginning with the Strategic Case Study.
- Members with 6 years experience in a relevant finance role will enter the level 5 CSEP gateway: beginning with the Management Case Study.
- Members with 4 years experience in a relevant finance role will enter the level 3 CPP level 2 gateway beginning with the Management Operational Test.
- Members with 2 years experience in a relevant finance role will enter the level 2 CPP level 1 gateway beginning with the Operational Case Study.
- To enter onto the CIMA route SLICM members will complete the CIMA Application and provide details of their SLICM membership certificate and a letter of good standing.
- To become a CIMA member the CIMA student must meet the practical experience requirements (PER) specified by CIMA.
CIMA Members who seek SLICM Membership
CIMA Members shall be fast-tracked into the SLICM Professional Qualification, as follows:
- CIMA students who have completed the Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting will be fully exempt from the Advanced Diploma in Credit Management.
- CIMA “Exam Complete” students will be exempt from the following modules and subjects of the Advanced Professional Diploma in Management Accounting
- Value Creation in Credit Module
- Managing Stakeholders, strategic planning, change management and office and quality management subjects in the Strategic Credit Management Module.
- An Associate Member of CIMA may apply for direct Associate Membership of SLICM. All Associate Members need to undergo a training and or workshop conducted by SLICM and in addition to a viva to obtain the Associate Membership of SLICM.
- Fellow Members of CIMA holding senior managerial positions with over 10 years of experience in state or corporate entities may apply directly for fellow membership of SLICM 3.4.2 To enter onto the SLICM route CIMA members will complete the SLICM
- To enter onto the SLICM route CIMA members will complete the SLICM Application and provide relevant CIMA certificates along with a letter of good standing.
- To become an SLICM Member, a CIMA member will:
- Complete the SLICM registration form and provide a copy of their CIMA membership certificate, along with a letter of good standing.
- be an “Active” member as per the records of CIMA.